I am Tomasz and I am leading the Accounting team. Are you an expert who sees yourself as a role model and loves to share their experience and help others grow? Join us as a Senior Accountant and help build our accounting team. You will take ownership of monthly bookings, tax returns, and reporting, as well as coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the team.
What impact do you want to make?
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We educate travellers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve. We're a global, diverse team, that helps make the air travel experience better for all. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels (according to TrustPilot).
What you will do:
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Contribute to the monthly book-closing process (bank statements booking, booking invoices, checking and booking currency differences, reconciling accounts, booking provisions calculated by controlling).
- Prepare tax returns and ensure tax settlements are correct. Provide financial information to the Accounting Lead by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Maintain the fixed-assets register.
- Cooperate with other departments to help process and find solutions to all kinds of accounting issues (invoices, VAT rate, reimbursement).
What you ideally bring with you:
- Solid experience in GL or full accountancy.
- Experience in preparing and processing tax documents (VAT and CIT).
- Experience in preparing in financial statements.
- Fluency in both English and Polish, good command of German will be an asset.
- Competence with MS Office.
- A solution-oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of German GAAP will be an advantage.
Perks and benefits:
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp's services.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Hybrid workspace (partially remote, with access to our office in Gdańsk.
- Events and parties
- Apply and let us get to know you.
- Phone call with the recruiter.
- Video call with a HR Business Partner and Accounting Lead.
- Video call with the CFO.
We are committed to making the process as smooth and speedy as possible. If you would like to share your recruitment experience, please let us know HERE.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, and is available globally. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.