We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting Team in our Finance Department. The Accounting Team works closely with the Global Payments, Controlling, Legal, and Office Management teams on a daily basis, as well as with AirHelp’s consultants and other vendors.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Contribute to the monthly book-closing process (bank statements booking, booking invoices, checking and booking currency differences, reconcile accounts, booking provisions calculated by controlling)
- Prepare tax returns and ensure the correctness of tax settlements
- Provide financial information to the Head of Accounting by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Maintain the fixed-assets register.
- Take an active role maintaining accounting systems by updating data and documents
- Cooperate with other departments to help process and find solutions to all kinds of accounting issues (invoices, vat rate, reimbursement).
- Knowledge of German GAAP will be an advantage
What you ideally bring with you:
- 3+ year professional experience in GL or full accountancy.
- Experience in preparing and processing tax documents (VAT and CIT).
- Experience in preparing in Financial Statements.
- Willingness to develop your knowledge of accounting systems and processes.
- Fluency in both English and Polish.
- Good command of German will be an asset.
- Experience and competence with MS Office.
- Analytical thinking and accuracy.
- A solution-oriented mindset.
- A Higher Degree with a focus on finance/accounting.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building or remote work.
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- Internal trainings.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.