General Manager Brazil
The General Manager will found and lead our first physical presence in Brazil. Owning the P&L for the Geo they will ensure sustainable growth, best product fit for the market outstanding user experience. They assume all leadership responsibilities in recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent.
Location: Sao Paolo
Reports to: COO
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We educate travellers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve. We're a global, diverse team, that helps make air travel better for all. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels (according to TrustPilot).
The successful candidate will:
- Be in charge of starting the local Operations team and manage it (managing performance and motivation, planning workload, processing employment documentation etc.)
- Look for new partner lawyers, negotiating contract terms and managing the performance of the current ones.
- Expand our customer base and local partners.
- Research and hands-on development of the market, finding new opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Controlling of all financial operations.
- Proactively seek to identify and incorporate best practice and operational improvements.
- Be the company’s local representative, both legally and in possible media interviews.
Competencies for success:
- Self-motivated can-do attitude with a committed entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment and diplomacy.
- Experience in finance and managing the budget.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Business awareness along with empathy.
- Fluency in English (please submit your CV in English) and Portuguese.
- Solid data analysis skills and ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets.
- Proven track record of assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener simultaneously.
What we will offer you:
- Join one of the most exciting legal and travel tech companies in the world.
- Work in a high-paced environment balancing entrepreneurial execution and data-driven business decisions.
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Free unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- Competitive salary.
- The opportunity to help AirHelp grow, and continue growing along with it.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.