General Manager Brazil (w/m/d)
The General Manager will found and lead our first physical presence in LATAM. Owning the P&L for the Geo they will ensure sustainable growth, best product fit for market outstanding user experience. They assume all leadership responsibilities in recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent.
Airhelp is the world's largest organization specialized in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide.
The successful candidate will:
- Set up our entity Handle all necessary tasks and bureaucracy in order to get the branch perfectly functional, operational and compliant with the local regulations.
- Be in charge of starting the local Operations team and manage it (managing performance and motivation, planning workload, processing employment documentation etc.)
- Handle all daily management.
- Constantly interact with our headquarters.
- Look for new partner lawyers, negotiating contract terms and managing performance of the current ones.
- Expand our customer base and local partners.
- Research and hands-on development of the market, finding new opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Controlling of all financial operations.
- Proactively seek to identify and incorporate best practice and operational improvements.
- Be the company’s local representative, both legally and in possible media interviews.
Competencies for success:
- Self-motivated can-do attitude with a commited entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Business awareness along with empathy.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Experience in finance and managing budget.
- Solid data analysis skills and ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets.
- Proven track record of assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener simultaneously.
What we will offer you:
- Join one of the most exciting legal and travel tech companies in the world.
- Work in a high-paced environment balancing entrepreneurial execution and data driven business decisions.
- Internal training programs and knowledge sharing events.
- Free unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- Competitive salary.
- The opportunity to help AirHelp grow, and continue growing along with it.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.