There is a great opportunity available at AirHelp for a Python Software Engineer who is excited to build your own products and develop new features using microservices, and rule-based processing engines. You’ll focus on automating and optimising legal processes and decision support. As we’re extending our services with UI for complex configuration, some knowledge of basic front-end skills will come in handy.
A lot of our efforts go into building a great software ecosystem to support our goals. We have reached the point where automation, optimisation, scalability, and testability really matters. The ultimate goal of AirHelp engineering is to automate most of the processing.
What can you expect from us:
- We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems.
- We ship code to production on a daily basis.
- We write tests.
- We have a lot of autonomy in selecting and adjusting the process of software development.
We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions.
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Build new services and enrich existing ones.
- Write code that is easy to test and manage; is scalable, testable, and can work reliably in cloud infrastructure.
- Review the code of your team members.
- Promote good practices in engineering.
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- A couple of years of experience in software development and very good knowledge of Python (mainly fastAPI/flask frameworks)
- Basic knowledge of building web UI.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- General knowledge of IT trends, cloud infrastructure, SoA, REST as well as experience with cloud-based environment/infrastructure.
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (Employment contract or B2B.)
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do.
- Hybrid workspace (partially remotely, partially from our comfortable office space near Blonia Park Aleja 3 Maja 9.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s).
What impact do we want to make?
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve if their flights don't go according to plan. We're a global, diverse team, that helps make air travel better for all. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels (according to TrustPilot).
- Tell us more about yourself
- Video call with our Recruiter
- Technical interview with our Senior Software Developers
- Final call with the Hiring Manager
We are committed to making the process as smooth and speedy as possible. If you have any comments about your recruitment experience, please let us know HERE.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travellers get compensation for delayed or cancelled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travellers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available globally. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.