Excited to build your own products and develop new features? Then join us as a Ruby Software Engineer. As a team, we are here to help automate and manage communication within a self-developed Customer Relationship Management tool.
At AirHelp, communication with airlines and customers are vital to our processes. In addition to expanding the ways we communicate, our team also automates major parts of our communication flow to free up our consultants from handling boring or repetitive tasks.
The ultimate goal of AirHelp engineering is to automate most of the processing.
What you can expect from us:
- We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems.
- We ship code to production on a daily basis.
- We write tests.
- We have a lot of autonomy in selecting and adjusting the process of software development.
- We develop a product that really matters and receives great feedback from the market
We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions.
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Build new services and enrich existing ones.
- Write code that is easy to test and manage, scalable, testable, and can work reliably in cloud infrastructure.
- Review code of your team members.
- Promote good practices in engineering.
- Understand clients’ needs and shape the direction in which product should be developed
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- A couple of years of experience in software development, very good knowledge of Ruby (Python will be considered a plus.)
- Knowledge of building web UI with ReactJS or other modern frameworks.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure your code runs on and thinking of ways to improve it.
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (employment contract or B2B.)
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- Lunch subsidy
- Language classes
- Multisport card or transportation or childcare subsidy
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s)
- Video call with the recruiter
- Technical interview
- Vide call with the Hiring Manager
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve if their flights don’t go according to plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.