Excited to build your own products and develop new features? Then join us as a Ruby Software Engineer. As a team, we are here to help automate and manage communication within a self-developed Customer Relationship Management tool.
At AirHelp, communication with airlines and customers are vital to our processes. In addition to expanding the ways we communicate, our team also automates major parts of our communication flow to free up our consultants from handling boring or repetitive tasks.
The ultimate goal of AirHelp engineering is to automate most of the processing.
What you can expect from us:
- We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems.
- We ship code to production on a daily basis.
- We write tests.
- We have a lot of autonomy in selecting and adjusting the process of software development.
- We develop a product that really matters and receives great feedback from the market
We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions.
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Build new services and enrich existing ones.
- Write code that is easy to test and manage, scalable, testable, and can work reliably in cloud infrastructure.
- Review code of your team members.
- Promote good practices in engineering.
- Understand clients’ needs and shape the direction in which product should be developed.
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- A couple of years of experience in software development, very good knowledge of Ruby (Python will be considered a plus.)
- Knowledge of building web UI with ReactJS or other modern frameworks.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure your code runs on and thinking of ways to improve it.
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (employment contract or B2B.)
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- Lunch subsidy
- Multisport card or transportation or childcare subsidy
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s).
What impact do we want to make?
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve if their flights don't go according to plan. We're a global, diverse team, that helps make air travel better for all. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels (according to TrustPilot).
- Tell us more about yourself
- Video call with our Recruiter
- Technical interview with the Senior Teammate
- Final call with the Hiring Manager
We are committed to making the process as smooth and speedy as possible. If you have any comments about your recruitment experience, please let us know HERE.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available globally. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.