At AirHelp, we’re all about developing products that make travel better for all. It started nine years ago with a simple idea: to help air passengers get compensation for canceled or delayed flights. Today, we are about to enter a new phase in our company’s history by creating new travel products.
We can support thousands of airline passengers with solutions developed by our Software Engineering Teams, but every solution needs continuous, careful reworks and improvements in pursuit of excellence.
Our challenges start with managing business flows, handling documents and communication, supporting our lawyers and in the end, managing compensation payments to our clients. If you would like to help us with our ultimate goal - automate as much of the processing - then join us as a (Senior) Ruby Software Engineer.
We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas using various technologies including Ruby, Go, Python, JS (React & NodeJS), mostly relying on PostrgreSQL with terraformed K8S infrastructure running on cloud.
What you can expect from us:
- We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems.
- We ship code to production on a daily basis using modern pipelines based on Github Actions.
- We write tests.
- We have a lot of autonomy in selecting and adjusting the process of software development.
- We develop a product that really matters and receives great feedback from the market.
What you'll do:
- Build new services and enrich existing ones.
- Write code that is easy to test and manage, scalable, testable, and can work reliably in cloud infrastructure.
- Review code of your team members.
- Promote good practices in engineering.
- Understand clients’ needs and shape the direction in which product should be developed.
Ideally, you'll bring with you:
- Solid experience in software development, very good knowledge of Ruby (Go will be considered a plus.)
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems.
- Experience in test-driven development.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of building web UI with ReactJS or other modern frameworks would be of a big advantage.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure your code runs on and thinking of ways to improve it.
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve if their flights don’t go according to plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (employment contract or B2B.)
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- Language classes
- Lunch subsidy
- Multisport card or transportation or childcare subsidy
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s).
- Video call with our recruiter
- Technical interview
- Video call with the Hiring Manager
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal-opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.