Software Engineering Manager
Engineering · Gdańsk, Kraków Flexible Remote
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead 1-2 cross-functional product teams. Working closely with Software Engineers, Data Analysts and Product Management, you'll be responsible for creating a tech vision and building a strong product roadmap.
Ideally you will be a hands-on development leader, sharing your technical expertise within areas like SaaS, cloud, scalability, data analysis and distributed systems.
You will have a lot of autonomy and influence in product and process decisions. We have a modern, cutting edge technological stack delivered by strong engineers, using efficient processes for development. You’ll be working with a well-grown and proficient system that is proven to work. You will get to stabilize and scale our product, plus have the possibility to work on new products to complement it.
As a team, we have a lot of autonomy and ownership over our projects. We care about trust, taking ownership and transparency. We offer a safe, inclusive, and productive environment for all team members and we’re always open to feedback.
Who we are as a team:
- We’re a company with a product that needs stabilization. We are no longer a startup, but want to keep developing new products like startups do. We still have a lot of the autonomy that startups have, but we’re aiming to standardize processes to ensure stable delivery and the maintainability of services.
- We have a microservices system consisting of more than 100 different services — we scan millions of reservations in real time, which leads to accepting and processing thousands of claims every month.
- We have a global reach product targeting people around the world. We support claims under different regulations in varying countries.
What you'll do:
- Lead cross-functional teams — you’ll be responsible for bridging the product and engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Data Analysts to make data driven product decisions. Data Analysts support data driven decisions, while Product Managers work on product vision and prepare all product work. As a SEM, you'll work on the technical side and decide on the final look of the team roadmap.
- Develop strong connections across departments, becoming a trusted partner supporting our business units.
- Cooperate with other Software Engineering Managers on creating a perfect work environment for engineering teams.
- Implement best practices among development teams and keep easy maintenance of applications.
- Mentor and coach the team members, helping them grow as engineers by creating development plans and recurring reviews.
- Help attract and hire new people to the team and build new teams if required, as determined by business demand. You will be involved in all hiring decisions.
- Propose changes in the structure and other activities required to meet business demands.
Ideally, you'll bring with you:
- Proven experience as a software engineer (in web applications development and/or data processing systems areas/fields) with experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent knowledge of the engineering field, combined with long-term experience.
- Experience in leading projects, communicating insights and managing senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of agile methodology, including Kanban and Scrum.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- English at the B2/C1 level or higher.
- Openness to learn new things and eagerness to develop skills.
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve if their flights don't go according to plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
Perks and benefits:
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- MacBook Pro.
- Hybrid workspace.
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp's services.
- Events and parties.
- Paid days off for B2B