As a global leading legal tech organization, we have grown through legal entrepreneurship and strong consumer rights advocacy. We have strong opportunities for expansion and need an experienced General Counsel to provide expert and strategic legal advice to the management team and address legal commercial law regulations, compliance, and the impact of external factors.
What you’ll do:
- Provision of ongoing legal services to internal stakeholders.
- Legal advisory on current matters, in particular, in the field of commercial law and compliance.
- Reviewing, agreeing, negotiating, and preparing contracts drafts.
- Developing and reviewing drafts, regulations, and other internal acts of the Employer.
- Legal advisory on the protection of personal data.
- Support in the field of protection of intellectual and industrial property rights.
- Ensuring compliance of the Employer's policies and procedures with GDPR.
- Identification and elimination of legal risks related to the activities of the Employer.
- Legal support for other departments (including HR, Administration) in their ongoing activities.
- Ongoing legal advisory, analysis of documents, and conducting legal interpretations.
- Providing support for the Employer and supervisor in disputes with third parties, contractors, and employees.
Ideally you’ll bring with you:
- A law degree from a recognized university with two state exams passed (Staatsexamen).
- Several years of business experience in a law firm or legal department.
- Can-do attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment and diplomacy.
- Understanding of the Legal Department as an enabler, and not an objector, i.e. focusing on showing how things can be made possible and the risks involved.
- Passionate about customer rights protection.
- Interest in aviation and travel law.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Strategic mindset and sound understanding of business interests.
- Strong ad hoc decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Admission to the bar association is an advantage.
- Working experience in OTA, aviation, legal tech or travel tech would be a plus.
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve. if their flights don't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
Perks and benefits:
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Language classes.
- Lunch subsidy.
- Team days.
- Life insurance.
- Gym membership, Childcare or Public transportation subsidy.
- MacBook Air.
- Hybrid workspace (partially remote, partially from our office in Berlin).
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp's services.
- Events and parties.
- Video meeting with recruiter
- Interview with Legal Team Representatives
- Interview with Hiring Manager
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.