As one of the leading global legal tech organizations, we have grown through legal entrepreneurship and strong consumer rights advocacy. We are currently expanding and need a lawyer partner to support us and create business opportunities in the consumer rights, travel, and aviation legislation field in England.
We will refer Passenger cases to you whenever your specialist help is needed to defend their rights.
Don't miss a great opportunity to join our network of over 20 expert lawyers!
What you will do:
- Execute AirHelp’s strategy and tactics to globally enhance air passenger rights.
- Strengthen AirHelp’s position as a thought leader in air passenger rights by representing AirHelp and our customers in court.
- Effectively run litigation processes within operating jurisdiction (EN).
- Negotiate high importance settlements with the airlines/law firms representing airlines or any other third parties involved.
- Guiding AirHelp on best strategies to be used in operating jurisdiction.
- Challenge, analyze, and define AirHelp legal action procedures based on recent law changes and court results.
- Collaborate with an international lawyers’ network and Legal Operations team members.
- Perform the timely and proper reporting in AirHelp tools.
Ideally you’ll bring with you:
- A law degree.
- Showing proficient knowledge of Civil law/ Civil procedure and UK legislation concerning air passengers rights.
Minimum 1 year experience in being an active litigation practitioner.
- Being an active member of BAR (if required by law).
- Interest (and ideally experience) in aviation and air passenger rights law.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Can-do attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment and diplomacy.
We’ll refer passenger cases to you whenever your specialist help is needed to defend their rights.
Make a real impact on travel:
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve. if their flights don't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
For a discussion on the role and establishing the terms of the contract, please apply here or contact Oskar Piekarski – Director of Legal Operations of AirHelp at [email protected]
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.