Are you passionate about data analysis and willing to have a real impact on improving data culture in a global organization? Then join us as a Senior Data Engineer! Data is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re looking for a candidate who can take ownership of technical data assets, and support all other departments in making full use of them.
You will be working with a seasoned and highly motivated, multi-cultural team of Data Engineers, DataOps, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts. You will have the challenge of supporting the business’ needs in a changing environment and helping AirHelp reach the next level of data maturity. You will work with the team in designing, building, and maintaining the AirHelp Data Platform, using modern data stack technologies like Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, Airflow, Python, EC2, RDS, AWS Lambda, Athena, and others.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and keep improving the AirHelp Data Platform (Data Lake/Data Warehouse).
- Integrate, transform, and consolidate data from various structured and unstructured data systems into the AirHelp Data Platform.
- Ensure that AirHelp data applications and processes are scalable, reliable, secure, extensible, traceable, available, and manageable.
- Support Data Scientists in the development of advanced analytical data models.
- Mentor and share your technical expertise with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and other AirHelp technology colleagues.
Ideally you bring with you:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or any other with a strong quantitative component.
- 2+ years of software/data engineering experience working with Python.
- Hands-on experience in Data Lake/ Lake House deployment using Snowflake or similar Cloud Data Warehousing solution (Redshift, BigQuery, Databricks or others).
- Hands-on experience with data transformation and data modeling using dbt framework
- Hands-on experience building ETL/ELT data pipelines (batch and real-time).
- Hands-on experience with task orchestration tools (Jenkins, Airflow or others).
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices.
- Solid understanding of OLTP relational databases (Postgres, MySQL or similar transactional databases).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Athena etc).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Storage).
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent cloud managed services.
- Experience with data integration from third-party REST APIs.
- Experience with data visualization platforms (Periscope, Looker, Tableau or others).
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve. if their flights don't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
Perks and benefits:
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Language classes
- Lunch subsidy
- Team days
- Life insurance
- Gym membership, Childcare or Public transportation subsidy
- MacBook Air Pro.
- Hybrid or fully remote working space (with occasional travel to our office in Barcelona)
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp's services.
- Events and parties
- Apply and let us get to know you.
- Video call with the Recruiter
- Technical video call with Head of Data and team member.
- Video call with Chief of Staff.
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.