If you are a Junior Frontend Software Engineer willing to work in a highly collaborative environment and wish to develop and improve our website — this is a great opportunity for you! We are interested in someone who will do more than just follow the lead and write code based on presented information — we expect creativity and ownership. You will be working with various technologies and tools:
- Next.js (React.js framework) - leading technology
- Storybook - components library used by several teams at AirHelp
- Storyblok - headless CMS that provide content for our website
- React Testing Library, Jest and Playwright - tools we use for creating automated tests
- Teamcity, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Google Optimize, Google Tag Manager, Google Lighthouse
What you will do:
- Build new pages and improve existing ones with Next.js based on the designs provided in Figma.
- Build new UI components and improve existing ones in Storybook with React.js.
- Implement A/B tests using Google Optimize.
- Implement and maintain integration with 3rd party tools like Google Tag Manager.
- Improve the overall performance of our website.
- Write code that is easy to read and maintain.
- Review the code of your team members.
Ideally, you will bring with you:
- Commercial experience in building and maintaining websites or web applications with React.js, preferably with Next.js, Gatsby.js or similar.
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Good knowledge of React.js.
- Eagerness to work with different technologies and languages and learn new things.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English (both spoken and written).
What impact do you want to make?
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve if their flights don’t go according to plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
Perks and benefits:
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Language classes.
- Lunch subsidy.
- Team days.
- Life insurance.
- Gym membership, Childcare or Public transportation subsidy
- MacBook Air.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace (partially remote, partially from one of our offices in Gdańsk or Krakόw).
- Events and parties.
- Video meeting with our recruiter.
- Homework assignment.
- Technical interview.
- Final interview and decision.
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.