We’re looking for an experienced and trusted German counsel eager to help our leading company in air passenger rights grow, and improve the experience of travelers worldwide.
In this role, you will report directly to the group legal VP and will be the de facto head of legal for our German entity. You will be part of our global legal team and will be responsible for German corporate legal matters, as well as transactional and regulatory issues.
Job location: Berlin (Hybrid model)
What you’ll do:
- Provide ongoing legal services to internal stakeholders.
- Legally advise on current matters, in particular, in the field of commercial law, German corporate law and consumer law, and compliance.
- German corporate governance and secretarial matters, and assist corporate governance of the group entities.
- Review, agree, negotiate, and draft contracts.
- Legal advisory on the protection of personal data under German law.
- Support in the field of protection of intellectual and industrial property rights.
- Ensure compliance with German corporate matters and consumer law.
- Identify and mitigate legal risks related to the activities of the Employer.
- Support other departments (including HR, Administration) in their ongoing activities.
- Analyze documents, and conduct legal interpretations.
- Provide support for the Employer and supervisor in disputes with third parties, contractors, and employees.
Ideally you’ll bring with you:
- A law degree from a recognized university with at least the first state exam (Staatsexamen).
- Several years of business experience in a law firm or legal department.
- Can-do attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment and diplomacy, reliability.
- Understanding of the Legal Department as an enabler, and not an objector, i.e. focusing on showing how things can be made possible and the risks involved.
- Passion about customer rights protection.
- Interest in aviation and travel law.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Strategic mindset and sound understanding of business interests.
- Strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Admission to the bar association.
- Knowledge of insurance law a plus
- Working experience in OTA, aviation, legal tech or travel tech would be a plus.
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve, when their flights don't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for everyone. To date, AirHelp has helped more than 16 million people and is available worldwide. We are proud of our high customer satisfaction levels reported on Trustpilot.
Perks and benefits:
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Mindfulness platform.
- Language classes.
- Lunch subsidy.
- Flexible benefits: gym membership, personal education, childcare, public transportation, or leisure travel subsidy.
- MacBook Air.
- Hybrid workspace (partially remote, partially from our office in Berlin).
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp's services.
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks a year.
- Team Days.
- Events and parties.
- Video meeting with recruiter
- Interview with Legal Team Representatives
- Interview with Hiring Manager
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.
Learn more about us at Career at AirHelp and AirHelp.com.