Network Security Engineer (Senior)
Engineering - Gdańsk
We are looking for a Senior-level Network Security Engineer to join the team.
Since 2013, we've helped over 13 million passengers with their flight troubles by using innovative, state-of-the-art technology. We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems. Learn more about our team here.
- We build our own products and work mainly on new features
- We ship code on a daily basis
- We write tests
- We have lots of knowledge sharing initiatives, including AirConf (our own travel tech conference)
- We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including: Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions
We are a company that likes to utilise all the coolest, shiniest, newest technologies out there. We strongly believe that working with cloud based infrastructure is way more fun and a smarter use of our time. That being said, in your role, you would probably have to deal with some physical hardware as well, as it seems that no one as of yet has thought of a way to put all that copper, fiber, and silicone stuff in the cloud :(
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our on-site and cloud-based network and security infrastructure. You will be expected to implement new features, design, and plan the development of new IT solutions and perfecting the ones already in place (but mostly create new ones).
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Optimize our existing network and network security infrastructure (hosted on site and in AWS/Azure)
- Improve our existing IT processes and procedures, and designing brand new ones!
- Put in place a lot of cool new stuff - CASB, NAC, Firewalls and a lot of other acronyms are all awaiting someone to give them a do-over :)
- Automation! We definitely need help turning these mundane everyday tasks into things that happen virtually on their own
- As every other member of the IT Team, you will sometimes have to be given the opportunity to help users with their daily struggles
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Strong professional experience in network infrastructure and security
- Extensive knowledge of next generation firewalls, VPNs, DLP, NAC and RADIUS
- Experience in designing or redesigning the systems mentioned above
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written)
Nice to have:
- Experience with endpoint security (Endpoint UTM components, MDM, DLP, IPS, IDS, and some other acronyms)
- Experiencing with managing networks that are used by macOS based endpoints
- Experience with PaaS/IaaS/SaaS security (like if you’d know how to implement CASB and stuff, that would be really cool)
- Experience with Google Apps for Business
- Experience administering Office 365
- Experience with Centrify or SafeCom
Perks & Benefits:
- Comfortable office space in the Olivia Star building (30th floor)
- Free language classes in different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, Polish)
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Cafeteria system (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.)
- Possibility to reward other team members with bonusly points (redeemable for Zalando gift cards, premium Spotify etc.)
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services
- AirHealthy sports initiatives
- Events and parties
- MacBook Air
- Free food all day (breakfast, lunch, snacks, fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice and soft drinks)
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 13 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.