QA Automation Engineer (Senior)
Engineering - Gdańsk
We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our talented team of engineers.
Since 2013, we've helped over 13 million passengers with their flight troubles by using innovative, state-of-the-art technology. We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems. Learn more about our team here.
- We build our own products and work mainly on new features
- We ship code on a daily basis
- We write tests
- We have lots of knowledge sharing initiatives, including AirConf (our own travel tech conference)
- We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including: Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions
As a member of the QA team, you will be responsible for providing feedback on the quality of the software based on documentation reviews and other metrics. You will also participate in test plan creation and execution (automated or not). Much of your time will be spent collaborating with other QA team members, supporting them with their tasks, and helping them develop the right mindset for solving testing/technical problems.
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Analyze and explore the value of the product, and provide timely and meaningful feedback on identified risks and problems
- Find adequate testing approaches
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities
- Developing and maintaining suites of automated tests in various frameworks and languages
- Mentor / teach other team members about what testing is and how it affects product quality and team/code scalability
- Work in a team using an Agile style methodology (SCRUM) in close cooperation with a Product Manager
- Supporting other QA Engineers with good testing practices
- Assisting the QA team in the maintenance of existing tests and frameworks
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of best testing practices
- Strong mentoring and teaching skills
- Ability to write API tests (functional, contract-based)
- Proficient in UI testing framework like Geb, RobotFramework etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and bash scripting basic
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and concepts
- Git and gitflow
- Focus on project testability, maintainability, and user-friendliness
- BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written)
Perks & Benefits:
Comfortable office space in the Olivia Star building (30th floor)
- Free language classes in different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, Polish)
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Cafeteria system (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.)
- Possibility to reward other team members with bonusly points (redeemable for Zalando gift cards, premium Spotify etc.)
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp service
- AirHealthy sports initiatives
- Events and parties
- MacBook Air
- Free food all day (breakfast, lunch, snacks, fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice and soft drinks)
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 13 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.