Software Infrastructure Engineer (Senior)
Engineering - Gdańsk
We are looking for a talented, Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer to join our team.
Since 2013, we've helped over 13 million passengers with their flight troubles by using innovative, state-of-the-art technology. We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems. Learn more about our team here.
- We build our own products and work mainly on new features
- We ship code on a daily basis
- We write tests
- We have lots of knowledge sharing initiatives, including AirConf (our own travel tech conference)
- We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including: Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions
As a member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the company services.
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Design and develop:
- new services, APIs, user interfaces and internal tools
- software infrastructure components
- new features in existing company products
- Support other engineers with good development practices
- Troubleshoot systems’ performance
- Assist the team in maintenance of existing services
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Ability to write and consume REST web services (JSON or XML)
- Knowledge of SQL and modern databases and datastores (Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure like Amazon Web Services, Heroku etc.
- Git and gitflow
- Focus on code quality, readability, and maintainability
Perks & Benefits:
- Comfortable office space in the Olivia Star building (30th floor)
- Free language classes in different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, Polish)
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Cafeteria system (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.)
- Possibility to reward other team members with bonusly points (redeemable for Zalando gift cards, premium Spotify etc.)
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services
- AirHealthy sports initiatives
- Events and parties
- MacBook Air
- Free food all day (breakfast, lunch, snacks, fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice and soft drinks)
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 13 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.