Front-End Engineer (Mid or Senior-level)
Engineering - Gdańsk
We are looking for a talented Front-End Engineer to join our team.
Since 2013, we've helped over 13 million passengers with their flight troubles by using innovative, state-of-the-art technology. We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems. Learn more about our team here.
- We build our own products and work mainly on new features
- We ship code on a daily basis
- We write tests
- We have lots of knowledge sharing initiatives, including AirConf (our own travel tech conference)
- We offer an opportunity to develop in various functional areas and technologies including: Ruby/Rails, Python, Go, ReactJS, EmberJS, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, Bootstrap, git, TeamCity, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Google Functions
As a member of the Engineering team, you will design, develop and maintain services, websites and integration jobs deployed in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) in Docker containers. You will participate in building great development culture among experienced developers, QA’s and DevOps. Every day we play, experiment and learn how to deliver high quality software and become better engineers.
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Build new services, enrich existing
- Write code that is easy to test and manage, is scalable and testable, and can work reliably in cloud infrastructure
- Review code of your team members
- Promote good practices in engineering
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Very good knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- Very good understanding of SPA architecture
- General knowledge of Frontend and IT trends, cloud infrastructure and REST
- Having fun from providing well-designed, clean, functional solutions
- Good communication skills and grasp of complex requirements
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systemsVery good command of English (both spoken and written)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of EmberJS, Ruby, Python, Go or Java
Perks & Benefits:
- Comfortable office space in the Olivia Star building (30th floor)
- Free language classes in different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, Polish)
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Cafeteria system (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards etc.)
- Possibility to reward other team members with bonusly points (redeemable for Zalando gift cards, premium Spotify etc.)
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp service
- AirHealthy sports initiatives
- Events and parties
- MacBook Air
- Free food all day (breakfast, lunch, snacks, fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice and soft drinks)
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 13 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.