In-house Lawyer (France, Paris)
Legal - Other locations
Due to fast growth, we are currently looking for a French lawyer who would represent AirHelp and AirHelp's customers in French court.
At AirHelp, we help people that experience flight delays, flight cancellations, denied boarding, baggage problems, and missed connections. Today we work with local 40 specialized law firms across the globe. We have an in-house legal team of 65. Learn more here.
Location: Paris, remote.
- Stable, long-term cooperation
- Focus on what you do best - defending passengers in court. You will receive all the necessary documents from our AirClaim team
- Become part of our international network of lawyers keen to share knowledge and brainstorm
- Young, dynamic, international environment
In this role, your goal will be to:
- Map the French civil procedures and tailor AirHelp's legal action in France in coordination with the rest of AirHelp's legal team
- Prepare and litigate cases in France courts and administrative bodies
- Facilitate a dialogue with local airlines and courts to achieve the best results for AirHelp's passengers
- Collaborate with AirHelp's legal team on other legal matters and the AirHelp organization as a whole, including coordination marketing efforts in France and translation of legal documents into French
- Prepare and revise of commercial contracts
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Registration and license with the Bar association of France
- Fluency in both French and English (native language eloquence is presumed)
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener
- Doer with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment, diplomacy and integrity, one who possesses strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Business awareness along with empathy
Nice to have:
- Experience on aviation, consumer claims or litigation
- A wide network of co-operating lawyers would be an advantage
- Experience with accounting
Perks & Benefits:
- An attractive compensation package
- A long-term contract
- Internal training programs and knowledge sharing events
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 13 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.