Senior In-house Lawyer (Spain, Tarragona)
Legal - Tarragona
We are looking for an experienced Spanish Lawyer to represent AirHelp and AirHelp's customers in Spanish court.
At AirHelp, we help people that experience flight delays, flight cancellations, denied boarding, baggage problems, and missed connections. Today we work with local 40 specialized law firms across the globe. We have an in-house legal team of 65 and are seeking to expand. Learn more here.
- Stable, long-term cooperation
- Focus on what you do best - defending passengers in court. You will get all the documents needed from the AirClaim team
- Become part of our international network of lawyers keen to share knowledge and brainstorm
- International, inclusive environment
In detail, your goal will be to:
- Map the Spanish civil procedures and tailor AirHelp's legal action in Spain in coordination with the rest of AirHelp's legal team
- Prepare and litigate cases in Spanish courts and administrative bodies
- Facilitate a dialogue with local airlines and courts to achieve the best results for AirHelp's passengers
- Collaborate with AirHelp's legal team on other legal matters and the AirHelp organization as a whole, including coordination of marketing efforts in Spain and translation of legal documents into Spanish
- Prepare and revise commercial contracts
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Registration and license with the Bar association of Spain
- Fluency in both Spanish and English (native language eloquence is presumed)
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener
- Doer with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment, diplomacy and integrity. Possesses strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Business awareness along with empathy
Nice to have:
- Experience on aviation, consumer claims or litigation
- A wide network of co-operating lawyers would be an advantage
- Experience with accounting
Perks & Benefits:
- An attractive compensation package
- A long-term contract
- Internal training programs and knowledge sharing events
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.