Creative Director (m/w/d)
Marketing - Berlin
The Creative Director at AirHelp is a role for an individual with a vision and drive necessary to establish and develop design and motions in the company. The person will be responsible for reshaping the current vision and appearance of all AirHelp’s products and services. It is an opportunity for an experienced and versatile Creative Director to build a solid foundation and define the design culture in the company. AirHelp is a fast- growing environment where the design will make a significant impact on multiple departments in the company.
You will be joining as a part of the foundational team of a profitable proven startup, that is led by experienced entrepreneurs. In addition, you will be leading an international team based mainly in Berlin, but also in Gdańsk (Poland). It will consist of remote team members as well.
In this role, your goal will be to:
- Build, lead, mentor and inspire a team that will consist of Brand and Marketing Designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design and motion work.
- Contribute to the product and company strategy among the leadership team.
- Define and build the design culture.
- Contribute to strategic planning cycles and collaborate with leadership to identify and define the highest priority problems for the team to work on.
- Define and communicate a product design strategy and vision for the company.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to create a simple, intuitive, and cohesive user experience across all AirHelp products.
- Help create a product design culture that values data-informed decisions.
- Contribute to deeper understanding what are our customers’ needs.
- Implement the brand throughout various touch points in the company including our external marketing presence.
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- 5+ years of design experience in product and brand design, preferably in startup industry.
- Ideally 2+ years building/managing design teams with proven track record of launching successful solutions that resulted in achieving business goals.
- Proven ability to hire and manage a high performing design team that works within cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thought leader that holds marketing and business goals at the center of design execution.
- Strong storytelling ability, making complex analytical concepts accessible, visual and engaging.
- Experience in building and managing versatile design systems.
- Portfolio showcasing excellent design, product thinking, and problem- solving skills.
- Interest in getting your hands dirty while building/leading a team
Perks & Benefits:
- Comfortable office space in Friedrichshain (Boxhagener Strasse 18)
- Variety of free, daily catered lunches
- Free German classes in different levels
- Internal training programs and knowledge sharing events
- Possibility to reward other team members with bonusly points (exchanged to Zalando gift cards, premium Spotify etc.)
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp service
- AirHealthy sports initiatives
- Events and parties
- MacBook Air
- Relocation support
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. The company also takes legal and political action to support the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. AirHelp has aided more than 13 million people, is available in 35 countries, and has over 700 team members.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members of our team.