Are you excited to lead cross-functional teams and build products used by thousands of people all around the world? If yes, this is a great opportunity for you! You'll be responsible for creating a tech vision and building a strong product roadmap, working closely with Software Engineers, Data Analysts and Product Management.
Ideally, you will be a hands-on development leader, sharing your technical expertise within areas like SaaS, cloud, scalability, data analysis, and distributed systems.
You will have a lot of autonomy and influence in product and process decisions. We have a modern, cutting edge technological stack delivered by strong engineers, using efficient processes for development. You’ll be working with a well-grown and proficient system that has been proven to work. You will get to stabilize and scale our product, plus have the possibility to work on new products to complement it.
As a team, we have a lot of autonomy and ownership over our projects. We care about trust, taking ownership, and transparency. We offer a safe, inclusive, and productive environment for all team members and we’re always open to feedback.
Who we are as a team:
- We’re a company with a product that needs stabilization. We are no longer a startup, but want to keep developing new products like startups do.
- We still have a lot of the autonomy that startups have, but to ensure stable delivery and the maintainability of services we are standardizing processes at the same time.
- We have a microservices system consisting of more than 100 different services — we scan millions of reservations in real time, which leads to accepting and processing thousands of claims every month.
- We have a product with global reach, targeting people around the world.
What you'll do:
- Lead cross-functional teams — you’ll be responsible for bridging the product and engineering worlds.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Data Analysts to make data driven product decisions. Data Analysts support data driven decisions, while Product Managers work on product vision and prepare all product work. As an Engineering Manager you'll work on the technical side and decide on the final look of the team roadmap.
- Develop strong connections across departments, becoming a trusted partner supporting our business units.
- Cooperate with other Engineering Managers on creating a perfect work environment for engineering teams.
- Implement best practices among development teams and keep easy maintenance of applications.
- Mentor and coach the team members, helping them grow as engineers by creating development plans and recurring reviews.
- Help attract and hire new people to the team and build new teams if required, as determined by business demand. You will be involved in all hiring decisions.
- Propose changes in the structure and other activities required to meet business demands.
Ideally, you'll bring with you:
- Proven experience as a software engineer (in web applications development and/or data processing systems areas/fields) with experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent knowledge of the engineering field, combined with long-term experience.
- Experience in leading projects, communicating insights and managing senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of agile methodology, including Kanban and Scrum.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- Openness to learn new things and eagerness to develop skills.
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve when their flight doesn't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. In 10 years, we’ve helped 1.5 million people receive the compensation they were entitled to when their flight was delayed, canceled or diverted. We’re really proud of our 102k 5-star Trustpilot ratings.
Perks and benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (employment contract or B2B.)
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace.
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks a year.
- Flexible benefits: gym membership, personal education, childcare, public transportation, or leisure travel subsidy.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s).
- Health benefits.
- Language classes
- Mindfulness platform.
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Team days.
- Events and parties.
- Video call with our recruiter
- Video call with Hiring Manager / Head of Engineering
- Up to 2 calls with engineering leadership members
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal-opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote