Are you excited to build your own products and develop new features that are used by thousands of people all around the world? If yes, this is a great opportunity for you! We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to help us develop solutions that help thousands of air passengers get compensation for canceled or delayed flights.
Our challenges start with managing business flows, handling documents and communication, supporting our lawyers and, in the end, managing compensation payments to our clients. Our ultimate engineering goal is to automate as much as possible.
Now we’re going a step further to provide air passengers with a smooth and hassle-free travel experience with our AirHelp Plus product. Come and join us on this journey!
What you can expect from our engineering team :
- We write code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework.
- We build loosely coupled, manageable, and focused services designed to solve problems.
- We ship code to production on a daily basis using modern pipelines based on Github Actions.
- We care about quality. We write automated tests.
- We have a lot of autonomy in selecting and adjusting the process of software development. We own services end-to-end.
- We build for large scale. We process more than 100k passenger claims monthly.
- We develop a product that really matters and receives great feedback from the market.
- We have a nice and friendly atmosphere and we welcome new ideas!
What you'll do:
- Work on our customer dashboard and handle application migration from EmberJS to ReactJS
- Improve user experience, including application performance on the ReactJS side
- Write code that is easy to test and manage
- Closely collaborate with the Product to understand customers’ needs and shape the direction in which our product should be developed.
- Review code from your fellow team members.
Ideally, you'll bring with you:
- Good knowledge of ReactJS, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems.
- Experience in test-driven development.
Nice to have:
- Any experience with Ruby will be considered a plus.
- Any experience with A/B testing
We understand you may not tick every box. But if you're excited about the prospect of joining AirHelp and believe you can add value, we'd still love to hear from you.
You might be interested in checking our open source contributions https://github.com/AirHelp
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve when their flight doesn't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. In 10 years, we’ve helped 1.5 million people receive the compensation they were entitled to when their flight was delayed, canceled or diverted. We’re really proud of our 102k 5-star Trustpilot ratings.
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract (employment contract or B2B.)
- Engineer’s Days where each month you can spend 1 day doing the stuff YOU want to do.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace.
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks a year.
- Flexible benefits: gym membership, personal education, childcare, public transportation, or leisure travel subsidy.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s).
- Health benefits.
- Language classes
- Mindfulness platform.
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Team days.
- Events and parties.
- Video call with our recruiter
- Technical interview
- Video call with the Hiring Manager
AirHelp is, and always will be an equal-opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team, please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.