Other - Gdańsk
We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting Team in our Finance Department. The Accounting Team works closely with the Financial Settlements, Legal, and Office Management teams on a daily basis, as well as with AirHelp’s consultants and other vendors.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Control and verify data and documents entered into accounting systems.
- Participate in monthly book-closing procedures.
- Control documents workflow.
- Prepare tax returns and ensure tax settlements are correct and to standard.
- Maintain the fixed assets register.
- Help with our annual transfer-pricing policy.
- Co-create internal procedures/standards and improve accounting processes.
- Monitor and implement changes in tax law.
- Cooperate with other departments on a variety of tasks.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Economics related.)
- 3+ years of experience in GL or full accountancy.
- Strong knowledge of tax and accounting laws.
- Good knowledge of international accounting standards is a plus.
- Willingness to develop your knowledge of accounting systems and processes.
- Good command of English, Polish at a fluent level (German is a plus.)
- Analytical and detail-oriented approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-player mindset.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company’s vision.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.