We’re looking for a results-driven senior specialist to join our Group Controlling Team in our Finance Department. You will work closely with management, overseeing and advising on all aspects of AirHelp’s financial performance. Your role will assist AirHelp as it continues to grow and maintain its place as the world’s number 1 flight compensation company.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly and annual group reporting package.
- Support the preparation of annual set of financial statements (stand-alone and consolidated.)
- Support accurate management reporting, budgeting, planning and forecasting.
- Liaise closely with Accounting Team to ensure timely month-end closing.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Contribute and lead group development projects.
- Acting as a business partner to the CFO.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with financial, tax and accounting policies and procedures.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Minimum 4 years of working experience, preferably in audit or group controlling/consolidation.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS/IAS and Polish Accounting Law.
- Solid knowledge of consolidation and management reporting.
- Very good command of English (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in Excel (VBA will be an advantage).
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team.
- Internal trainings.
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.