DevOps Engineer (Mid/Senior)
Engineering - Gdańsk
As a DevOps Engineer, you will build elastic infrastructure to support the continuous delivery of the AirHelp Product. As a team, our goal is to help air passengers with their flight problems using innovative, state-of-the-art technology. We build code that is elegant and efficient, with a well-architected framework designed to solve problems.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Design and plan the rollout of secure, reliable, and scalable AWS and GCP infrastructure for serving production traffic.
- Deploy containerized applications on Kubernetes.
- Automate server management using tools like Terraform and Chef.
- Identify and prioritize performance and reliability issues on all services to help protect us from failure.
- Develop tools and systems to automatically deploy code changes to any environment.
- Take ownership of critical issues through tested resolution.
- Champion DevOps methodologies within the company with a focus on continuous improvement.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Working experience with distributed Unix/Linux environments, preferably Ubuntu or Debian.
- Familiarity with Amazon and Google clouds.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Familiarity with the IaC (Infrastructure as Code) approach.
- Immutable Infrastructure approach.
- Experience with scaling MySQL or PostgreSQL or Redis clusters.
- Strong knowledge of web application security.
- Knowledge of Nginx or HAProxy.
- Experienced coding in Python.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting and coding Ruby or Golang.
- Knowledge of Chef or Ansible or Puppet.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana stack.
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written).
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.