Senior Compliance Counsel (m/w/d)
Legal - Berlin
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Be a part of the Compliance Team which is responsible for HR, IPR, GDPR, commercial and corporate contracts.
- Work closely with our Product and Marketing teams to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and revising contracts related to product and marketing.
- Advise the managing director of GmbH.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues in accordance with German law.
- Ensure compliance with generally applicable laws in Germany.
- Collaborate with AirHelp's legal teams as well as the entire organization on other legal matters.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Fluency in both German and English (native language eloquence is presumed.)
- A law degree from a recognized university.
- Admission to the German bar.
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Can-do attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment, diplomacy.
- Strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Business awareness along with empathy.
- An award-winning office space in Friedrichshain (Boxhagener Str. 18.)
- Competitive salary and bonus system.
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports and fitness initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks and fruits on the house.
- Relocation support.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.