Engineering - Kraków
As a member of the development team, your primary focus will be verifying if our products meet our quality standards and goals. To this end, you will be central to defining and improving the processes around quality verification, as well as building and aligning tools for various testing approaches. You will also define testing plans for new features, and provide hands-on experience for both manual testing and building automated testing suites, as well as propagating your testing knowledge within the team.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Analyze requirements for potential gaps and for preparing respective testing plans and strategies.
- Execute manual, exploratory tests for new features.
- Build and maintain tools for automated testing in the areas of functional box and integration tests, computational performance, and network performance.
- Prepare and execute automated test cases/suites.
- Maintain regression test suites and integration with our pipeline.
- Quantify, measure, and track the state of our products; build and maintain QA dashboards.
- Propagate QA mindset and knowledge within the team.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Strong Experience in UI testing using Geb (or any Selenium/WebDriver based framework.)
- Experience in API and performance testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and concepts.
- Experience with git and gitflow.
- Knowledge of SQL and basic bash scripting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Curiosity and an exploratory, detail-oriented mindset.
- Very good command of technical English (both written and spoken.)
- Comfortable office space near Blonia Park (Aleja 3 Maja 9.)
- English classes at different levels.
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports and fitness initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks and fruits on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.