Strategy Manager (m/w/d)
Other - Gdańsk
AirHelp is the global leader in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights. We are looking for a talented Strategy Manager to own and drive select strategic projects across the company. As Strategy Manager, you will become part of the Corporate Strategy department where you’ll work closely with executive management and key stakeholders on the growth strategy and business-critical projects.
This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced management consultant to gain operational experience from a venture-backed technology company and become part of a high growth journey with significant international exposure.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Work across company management to gain buy-in and drive implementation of strategic recommendations ensuring deliveries across the organisation.
- Scope and lead strategic projects across the business where you will structure problems, conduct analysis and give recommendations to management.
- Support business strategy execution including building business cases and prioritizing growth opportunities including new markets and products.
- Prepare decision material and presentations for executive management and the board of directors including quarterly business reviews and board meetings.
- Actively take part in the coaching and development of project team members.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience from a leading management consulting company, in-house strategy unit or a similar position in a high growth company.
- Relevant Master's degree with excellent results.
- Proven track record of driving strategic projects and collaborating with both project participants and stakeholders at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Stellar analytical skills and ability to clearly communicate analysis, conclusions and recommendations both verbally, in writing and visually.
- Passion about revealing insights, driving change and influencing outcomes.
- Curiosity, strong business understanding and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.