Junior Financial Settlements Specialist
Other - Gdańsk
We are looking for a Junior Financial Settlements Specialist to join our Finance Department. Your focus will be on the settlement process for the AirHelp group and you will take responsibility for vendor payments, customer payments, credit cards, and alternative settlement methods. This role will communicate with financial institutions and service providers on a daily basis.
What you will do:
- Prepare, make, and check daily payments (through both manual data entry and automatic uploads.)
- Quality control of entered operations — checking the completeness of information, etc.
- Identify and resolve issues related to payments.
- Report any deviations from agreed standards to direct supervisor.
- Assist in creating procedures and tools needed to support daily payments.
- Verify documents.
- Assist with reporting.
- Cooperate with other departments.
- Other relevant tasks requested by your manager.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Banking.
- 1+ years of experience in Finance/Payments.
- Good understanding of financial procedures.
- Speak English & Polish fluently, with strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong skills in Excel and a good knowledge of IT.
- Proven ability to learn new software.
- Positive outlook, ability to work in a team, and a business orientated attitude.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Open-minded, dynamic, and efficient approach leaving you open for challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under time pressure.
- Proactive thinking and business awareness.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.