Front-End Engineer (Mid or Senior-level)
Engineering - Gdańsk
In the AirHelp Engineering Team, we constantly strive to become better engineers by playing, experimenting, and developing our skills every day, ensuring that we deliver top-quality software.
In your role — you will design, develop, and maintain services, websites, and integrations deployed in the cloud (AWS) in Docker containers. You will also contribute towards building an inspiring culture based on constant evolution among experienced developers, QA’s and DevOps.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Build new services and enrich existing ones.
- Write code that is easy to test and manage, is scalable and testable, and works reliably in a cloud infrastructure.
- Review code written by other team members.
- Promote good engineering practices.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Very good knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- Very good understanding of SPA architecture.
- General knowledge of Frontend and IT trends, cloud infrastructure, and REST.
- Having fun from providing well-designed, clean, functional solutions.
- Good communication skills and a grasp of complex requirements.
- Sense of ownership of delivered code and our systems
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written).
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of EmberJS, Ruby, Python, Go, or Java.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.