Data Warehouse Engineer
Data - Gdańsk
Want to be a part of AirHelp's Data Team? We’re currently on the lookout for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join us!
You will help establish the foundation of our data that our Data Scientists and Analysts will then build upon. As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will focus on integrating new data sources, expanding our data warehouse, ensuring data quality, and the building of a data pipeline. Because our data architecture is constantly evolving, each day will present you with a unique challenge!
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Build pipelines that ingest data from many different applications, products, and services.
- Design and expand the data warehouse.
- Manage ETL processes to ensure that data streams are efficient and clean.
- Control the feed of this data into a BI reporting platform with self-servicing features.
- Continually monitor and optimize performance
What you ideally bring with you:
- 3+ years of experience working with data warehouse projects.
- Knowledge of data warehouse modeling concepts (Kimball).
- Proven track record of data integration and data cleaning projects.
- Well versed in SQL.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written).
- University degree in the IT field.
Nice to have:
- Strong programming skills (Python preferred).
- Experience working with projects based on cloud services like AWS/GCP.
- Familiarity with BI reporting platforms (Periscope/Tableau).
- Deep understanding of JSON, APIs.
- Working knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery, and Redshift.
- Understanding of ETL processes management using orchestration tools (Jenkins/AirFlow).
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.