Ruby Software Engineer
Engineering - Kraków
As a valuable member of our Engineering Team, you will design, develop, and maintain services, websites, and integration jobs. You’ll then deploy these solutions in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) or in Docker containers.
You will also be part of a positive development culture shared among experienced developers, QA’s, and DevOps. We see every day as a new opportunity to play, experiment, and learn in an effort to continually deliver higher quality software and become better engineers.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Build new services from the ground up, as well as enrich and refine our existing services.
- Write code that’s easy to test and manage, that is scalable, and that works reliably in a cloud infrastructure.
- Review your team members’ code.
- Promote engineering best practices.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Excellent understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby.
- Experience working with both Rails and SQL.
- Eagerness to deploy your code every day.
- An insatiable appetite for the latest in IT trends, cloud infrastructure, SoA, REST.
- Satisfaction in providing well-designed, clean, and functional solutions.
- Sense of ownership over both the code you deliver and our existing systems.
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written).
Nice to have:
- Experience building applications with React.
- Comfortable office space near Blonia Park (Aleja 3 Maja 9.)
- English classes at different levels.
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports and fitness initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks and fruits on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.