Engineering - Gdańsk
AirHelp likes to stay ahead of the curve by building simple, modern and scalable IT systems. We strongly believe that a cloud-based infrastructure is a smarter choice than a physical one, which means we try to avoid owning servers, firewalls, and other machines wherever possible — utilizing low maintenance cloud systems instead.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our on-site and cloud-based IT Infrastructure. You’ll also be involved in the implementation of new features, as well as designing and planning the development of new IT solutions and perfecting the ones already in place. We are also looking for someone who owns their tasks and drives them from beginning to end, is willing to learn new things, share knowledge, and is a great team player.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Optimize our existing Windows Server-based infrastructure (which is hosted in AWS/Azure).
- Improve our existing IT processes and procedures and design brand new ones! (We try to keep relatively procedure free, and only implement them where necessary.)
- Get involved with evaluating and implementing the PoC we are currently building for new IAM and MDM systems which we want to implement next year.
- Automation! Help us turn these mundane, everyday tasks into things that happen virtually on their own.
- Like every other member of the IT Team, you will, at times, be required to help users with their daily struggles.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in IT Infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of the Window Server ecosystem (AD DS, AD CS, RDS, Windows Server Backup, RADIUS, DNS, Print Server).
- Experience maintaining said ecosystem in the cloud (Azure/AWS — Compute, Network, Security, Azure SQL, Azure AD). `
- Experience in IT process automation and 3rd-party solution implementation.
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written).
Nice to have:
- Experiencing managing macOS based endpoints.
- Experience securing the integration of SaaS apps with an IdM solution.
- Experience administering Office 365.
- Experience with Centrify or SafeCom.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.).
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.).
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.