Network Security Engineer
Engineering - Gdańsk
As a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our on-site and cloud-based network and security infrastructure. You will be expected to implement new features, design and plan the development of new IT solutions and perfecting the ones already in place. Predominantly though, your focus will be on building new features and solutions – at least until we create all of them, then we can start making them even better. Ideally, we’ll also be able to count on you for all things automation.
We are looking for someone who owns their tasks and drives them from beginning to end, is willing to learn new things, share knowledge, and is a great team player.
AirHelp likes to stay ahead of the curve by building simple, modern, and scalable IT systems. We strongly believe that a cloud-based infrastructure is a smarter choice than a physical one, which means we try to avoid owning servers, firewalls, and other machines wherever possible — utilizing low maintenance cloud systems instead. While your focus would be here, as the Network Security Engineer, your role would also extend to working with physical hardware and cloud-based VM/firewalls as well.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Optimize our existing network and network security infrastructure (hosted on-site and in AWS/Azure) and devise ways to improve them.
- Improve our existing IT processes and procedures, and help design brand new ones! While we try to keep the latter to a minimum, in some cases procedures are called for.
- Be a part of introducing a brand new security platform — starting with firewalls, new VPN system, endpoint protection, followed by DLP and CASB.
- Automation: you’ll help transform mundane everyday tasks into things that happen virtually on their own.
- Like all members of the IT Team, you will occasionally be required to help users with their daily struggles.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in network infrastructure and security.
- Previous experience managing and implementing next-generation firewalls, VPNs, RADIUS, PKI and NAC (or at least some of these).
- Experience in designing or redesigning the systems mentioned above.
- Naturally inquisitive and a healthy sense of suspicion when it comes to network security.
Nice to have:
- Experience with endpoint security (Endpoint UTM components, DLP, IPS, IDS and some other acronyms).
- Experience managing networks that are used by macOS based endpoints.
- Experience with PaaS/IaaS/SaaS security (if you know how to implement CASB, that would be really cool).
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.