Legal Assistant (Polish jurisdiction)
Legal - Gdańsk
Legal Assistants support business in both internal tasks and external tasks. They communicate with Claim and Airlines Specialists as well as with the external lawyers. Working in AirHelp means combining legal knowledge with the use of new IT solutions.
Legal Assistant supporting Polish team will concentrate mostly on court proceedings.
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
What you will do:
- Make analysis of the legitimacy of the passengers' claims
- Support lawyers in the process of contacting airlines, making settlements and developing new strategies.
- Prepare legal documents required to start official proceedings.
- Assist senior members of the Legal Team on various legal matters.
- Monitor the development of cases in Polish jurisdictions.
- Develop expert knowledge on air passengers rights worldwide.
- Provide legal consultations on issues arising at the pre-litigation stage.
- Cooperate with other departments/teams in order to implement improvements in the current processes.
What you ideally bring with you:
- Masters of Law graduate or 1st grade attorney-at-law trainee
- At least 6-months experience in court proceedings, including but not limited to preparation of summons and pleadings.
- Fluency in Polish and English.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener simultaneously.
- Strong interest in Polish civil procedure.
- Modern and comfortable office space on the upper levels of the Olivia Star building.
- Language classes offered at different levels (French, Spanish, German, English, and Polish.)
- Private healthcare and life insurance.
- MyBenefit - an in-house system where you can choose how to allocate your own benefits (gym card, cinema tickets, shopping gift cards, etc.)
- A micro-bonus system where team members reward each other with points that can be exchanged for Zalando or Amazon gift cards, time off, etc.
- Free, unlimited use of AirHelp services.
- AirHealthy sports initiatives.
- Events and parties.
- All the tools you’ll need to do your job, including a MacBook.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Soft drinks, fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice on the house.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.