External Lawyer in Iceland
Legal - Other locations
Make a difference working for the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. Our mission is to educate travelers around the world and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We're an international team with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we share our determination to advance air passenger rights worldwide. Join us! We're here to help make air travel better for all.
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for an Icelandic lawyer who would represent AirHelp and AirHelp's customers in the Icelandic court.
At AirHelp, we help people that experience flight delays, flight cancellations, denied boarding, baggage problems, and missed connections. Today we work with local 40 specialized law firms across the globe.
In this role, your goal will be to:
- Map Icelandic civil procedures and tailor AirHelp's legal action in Iceland in coordination with the rest of AirHelp's legal team.
- Prepare and litigate cases in Icelandic courts and administrative bodies.
- Facilitate a dialogue with local airlines and courts to achieve the best results for AirHelp's passengers.
Ideally, you can demonstrate:
- Registration and license with the Icelandic Bar Association.
- Fluency in both Icelandic and English (native language eloquence is presumed).
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener.
- Doer with an entrepreneurial mindset, defined by good judgment, diplomacy and integrity, one who possesses strong ad-hoc decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
Nice to have:
- Experience with aviation, consumer claims or litigation.
- A wide network of co-operating lawyers would be an advantage.
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, helping travelers get compensation for delayed or canceled flights and in instances of denied boarding. We take care of passengers' claims, develop innovative legal technology, educate travelers, and push for the growth and enforcement of air passenger rights worldwide. To date, AirHelp has aided more than 16 million people, is available globally, and has over 700 team members. We are here to help.
AirHelp is, always has been, and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.